Saturday, August 23, 2008

On the Move - 3 Months Old (13 1/2 weeks)

We've had such a fun couple of weeks with Sofi. She is developing into such a wondeful little girl with a great personality! She is no longer our little baby... Where has the time gone! She weighs about 12 pounds now and is growing SO fast. Too fast for me! This week, I went in to check on Sofi around 5:30 a.m. and found her at the top end of the crib. I didn't think much of it. I just thought that she scooted her way to the top. (Of course she can't crawl yet, but we have lots of tummy time and she tries SO hard to move. It's pretty funny to see). Well, on Friday, I put her down on her mat for "tummy time" and before I could blink, she ROLLED OVER! I was soooo excited and proud of her...She kept doing it over and over. I caught it on video. Take a look:



We love this time with Sofi! She is at the stage now, where she communicates with us and smiles all the time.What a sociable little girl we have! Here are a few of the things we LOVE about her:

  • She coos ALL the time. It's so cute...She wants to talk all the time and will coo for hours. It's so precious. She loves to be facing us and concentrates hard on talking. We imitate what she is trying to say back and she loves it...

  • She loves Simon and has the biggest smile when he comes home. She also looks for him to rescue her when I am doing something she doesn't like (like cleaning her nose, cutting her nails, etc.)

  • She loves her exercise mat and mobile (looking up at the animals)

  • She can now reach for things with her hands and loves touching any and everything

  • She smiles at us all the time and loves playing. Most of all, she is the MOST content baby and we love her!

I love being a mother and watching Sofi develop everyday. It's amazing to see her grow and intellectually develop. I am so proud of her! I am also grateful for the wonderful nurturer that Simon is. What a wonderful daddy and partner he is! He loves Sofi...I remember when we found out that were going to have a girl. When the ultrasound tech told us, Simon cried. Well, we both cried! Simon wanted a little girl and had prayed for her to come to us. How wonderful it is that Heavenly Father granted his petition! Here are some recent pics of Sofi. We went for Sushi last night and the others are just randon ones:

(My two favorite people)

2 comments:

Tom and Jane Schell said...

It is so fun to see you enjoying motherhood so much. No matter how many children you have it is always amazing to see them do new things like rolling, crawling and walking. Rolling is especially a surprise I think. How fun!

Anonymous said...

Sofia rolled over! Awesome...Just wait til she starts to crawl and walk.!