Saturday, August 08, 2009

Sydney Week Two

Hello friends! This has been a wonderful week for the Grays. Sydney is growing well and is already back to her birth weight. She has grown into her CUTE cheeks and seems to have slimmed down all over...She stays awake longer now, but still loves to sleep quietly and preciously all day long. What's curious to me is why she can't seem to do the same at night. She's like clock work, as soon as it gets dark outside, she turns in to party girl and wants to stay awake tugging and twisting at San to be fed. I feel so badly for San because she's the only one who can help Sydney with this particular need. I want to ease her burden so badly.

Sofia continues to be the joy of our life. It seems that she is growing exponentially since Sydney was born. While she is hands down the funniest, cutest, mischievous, gregarious member of our family, she is also amazingly tender and gentle with Sydney especially. She loves to kiss her, hug her, and tries so hard to hold her. She's already protective of her. We were in the doctors office for Sydney to have various things checked which required retrieval of blood from her foot. Sofia saw it coming and started patting the nurse on the back while shouting "no no no"... "no, no, no."

San is going great. She has already slimmed down to her regular weight. She's more beautiful than ever and manages to balance everything with her trademark graceful style. She's still asleep right now (Saturday morning) and I'm going to try to tend to the babies as quietly as possible without her waking up... I hope I can.

Our digital camera is not working very well, so we only have a few pix to share. We are going to have to get another camera..... as for now - here are the pix:


I'm sure you all know that San is a "get it done" kind of person with strong will and determination. She's not one to procrastinate anything. So, she took the family out on a 93 degree day for an exercise/walk. Don't worry, we only walked around our house and for less than half an hour - and I'm ALWAYS with her. I bet she's really ready for me to get back to work and out of her hair.
Finally, an update on my job search. Please forgive the long blog, but I thought you'd want to know. I interviewed for an amazing job two days ago in Huntsville, and I have two more interviews in Bham next week. Please include us in your family prayers. Let's hope that Father's will is for us to stay right here in Bham, nevertheless we'll go where ever he wants us. Heavenly Father knows what's best for us, and we're relying on Him to guide our actions and open doors for us.
Thanks again to everyone for your awesome friendship, the much needed meals and comfort, and for being our family away from home. I'm so extremely thankful that the sisters of the Stake are so wonderful and loving. We can honestly say that San has hundreds of sisters in Bham standing ready to help anytime. Thank you. Love - Simon

2 comments:

Nicole Bolinger said...

Uhm...All I have to say is, SAN YOU LOOK GREAT!!!

tessa said...

Oh Gray Family you are looking great! Sidney is so precious. She looks a lot like big sis to me. Such pretty girls. That story of her trying to save her from the nurse is just too sweet:) What a good sister. San you look amazing as always. Take it easy girl ( I know, I know you have 2 babies, how?) So glad things are going well for your beautiful family. Oh and I don't know if your stroller is like the one I had with my twins but if you recline the back seat the car seat snaps on the tray. I'm such a stroller fanatic. They allow freedom:) Keep the pics coming! Oh and Simon good luck on the job interviews. Birmingham would sure miss you but Huntsville would love you.