Sofia is simply amazing! We just had her two year check up with the pediatrician and she said that Sofi's cognitive, language, and hand-eye coordination skills are extraordinarily advanced. Here are just a few examples:
- She can now actually play catch (as long as the ball is small enough). She even throws the ball directly at me back and forth. It is so fun.
- She loves soccer, and can kick the ball every single time in a straight line aiming it to where ever I've placed the goal.
- The other day for lunch I told her that we'd just share a plate, but I don't think she heard me, because when I set the plate down, she said very clearly, "No, daddy, I can't eat all that; it's too much."
- Again last night when I was serving up plates at the table, she again told me, "No, daddy, too much. Thank you daddy."
- She ALWAYS says please when asking for anything and ALWAYS says "thank you daddy." What's even more special, is that she recognizes when I've bought food or an item for the house, she tells me "thank you, daddy" for that too. She recognizes gifts and expresses gratitude. Amazing! The is so wonderful because proper manners is so very important to San and me.
- I bought her a toddler's piano, and she can almost play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star unassisted. She's still too young to learn about scales, keys, etc.
- She's still shy, but will sing for San, me, and her grandparents the whole Twinkle Twinkle song, although some of the pronunciation needs work.
- Every time I take her shopping with me, I tell her what we're buying and if it's produce a let her smell and touch it. Yesterday, we bought some produce and when I picked up celery, I told her what it was, and she told me "I already know what that is daddy, it's celery." I was surprised.
- I could go on and on but I'll end with this last one. It's just so precious. She often opens her eyes during family prayer, and if she notices that San or I haven't folded our arms, she basically corrects us by saying "Prayers, Momma, prayers." She hasn't caught me yet.
- Oh, just one more. She gets the Book of Mormon, sits in a chair, opens it and pretends to read. Some of what she says actually mimics "and it came to pass" and "amen". I just love Sofia more than I ever knew I could. She is my shinning star and most precious daughter of God. I'm humbled that He has let me be her daddy.
- She can now actually play catch (as long as the ball is small enough). She even throws the ball directly at me back and forth. It is so fun.
- She loves soccer, and can kick the ball every single time in a straight line aiming it to where ever I've placed the goal.
- The other day for lunch I told her that we'd just share a plate, but I don't think she heard me, because when I set the plate down, she said very clearly, "No, daddy, I can't eat all that; it's too much."
- Again last night when I was serving up plates at the table, she again told me, "No, daddy, too much. Thank you daddy."
- She ALWAYS says please when asking for anything and ALWAYS says "thank you daddy." What's even more special, is that she recognizes when I've bought food or an item for the house, she tells me "thank you, daddy" for that too. She recognizes gifts and expresses gratitude. Amazing! The is so wonderful because proper manners is so very important to San and me.
- I bought her a toddler's piano, and she can almost play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star unassisted. She's still too young to learn about scales, keys, etc.
- She's still shy, but will sing for San, me, and her grandparents the whole Twinkle Twinkle song, although some of the pronunciation needs work.
- Every time I take her shopping with me, I tell her what we're buying and if it's produce a let her smell and touch it. Yesterday, we bought some produce and when I picked up celery, I told her what it was, and she told me "I already know what that is daddy, it's celery." I was surprised.
- I could go on and on but I'll end with this last one. It's just so precious. She often opens her eyes during family prayer, and if she notices that San or I haven't folded our arms, she basically corrects us by saying "Prayers, Momma, prayers." She hasn't caught me yet.
- Oh, just one more. She gets the Book of Mormon, sits in a chair, opens it and pretends to read. Some of what she says actually mimics "and it came to pass" and "amen". I just love Sofia more than I ever knew I could. She is my shinning star and most precious daughter of God. I'm humbled that He has let me be her daddy.
Okay, I should report on Giuliana too. She also is developing at an accelerated rate and is doing things about a month earlier than Sofia did. I think it's because she watches everything Sofi does and copies her.
- Her first word was Momma, unlike Sofia whose first word was dada. I was a little sad at first to not have two equally attached daddy's girls, but then I realized that it's actually a blessing. Giuliana is also a daddy's girl, but also clings more to San than Sofi does. When both Sofi and Giuliana want their special daddy's girl attention at the same time, it can be a difficult task.
- Giuliana know each of us by name but can't say them yet except for Momma and dada. She frequently asks for Momma when she isn't happy with me. It's funny.
- She should be walking on her own by next week
- Like Sofi,, she is very happy person and laughs often
- She is mischievous and seems to have good potential to be a prankster. I can't wait so that she, Sofia, and I can conspire fantastic pranks to ambush San and keep her on her toes.
- Giuliana also recognizes the sacred nature of prayer and scripture reading. She sits patiently as we do it every day. I'm so proud of her!
I adore her too just as much as Sofia. I wondered how I'd be able to love two children equally.... it's just natural as a father. I can't imagine my life without my THREE wonderful girls. They are truly the joy of my soul and motivation to be my best.
- Her first word was Momma, unlike Sofia whose first word was dada. I was a little sad at first to not have two equally attached daddy's girls, but then I realized that it's actually a blessing. Giuliana is also a daddy's girl, but also clings more to San than Sofi does. When both Sofi and Giuliana want their special daddy's girl attention at the same time, it can be a difficult task.
- Giuliana know each of us by name but can't say them yet except for Momma and dada. She frequently asks for Momma when she isn't happy with me. It's funny.
- She should be walking on her own by next week
- Like Sofi,, she is very happy person and laughs often
- She is mischievous and seems to have good potential to be a prankster. I can't wait so that she, Sofia, and I can conspire fantastic pranks to ambush San and keep her on her toes.
- Giuliana also recognizes the sacred nature of prayer and scripture reading. She sits patiently as we do it every day. I'm so proud of her!
I adore her too just as much as Sofia. I wondered how I'd be able to love two children equally.... it's just natural as a father. I can't imagine my life without my THREE wonderful girls. They are truly the joy of my soul and motivation to be my best.
Bye for now my friends. I sincerely love and appreciate everyone of you.... Simon


1 comment:
Simon, they sound so adorably wonderful! Can't wait to see the new pics of them. I love all the little things they start to do at this age and I can see you guys are enjoying those moments too. :)
It's good to hear from you again!
Post a Comment