A couple of weekends ago, I got to go to Time Out for Women in Atlanta. It was wonderful! I left the girls with Simon and Grandma Gray and drove from here to Atlanta. I got a couple of books on tape from the
library but didn't listen to any! It was just so peaceful and relaxing, being in the car all by myself, without having to look in the
rear view mirror to check on kids or pass back
sippy cups/snacks or having to stop for potty breaks. I listened to all of my favorite music; Jim
Brickman, Hillary Weeks, Paul
Cardall, Eva
Cassidy, etc. I even brought out the old
NSynch CD, "No Strings Attached" and rocked out to that one for about an hour. It was fabulous! I got to the hotel and met up with my good friend Lisa
Pulsipher. Not only is she pregnant (8 months at the time), but she is a girl that ROCKS pregnancy! She looks great. Only wish that I look like that when I'm pregnant!

One of the best seminars there was done by Mark
Mabry. He is a photographer who recreated the Savior's visit to the America's, "Another Testament of Christ-The Book of Mormon". It was VERY powerful and I got us the book and DVD to remember it all from. Simon and I just watched it a couple of nights ago and just cried together, watching the images. It is an absolute beautiful visual of what it was like for those that visited with the Savior and a heartfelt longing to one day be worthy to stand at His feet! Here is a portion of the DVD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgjzpn4fMBY&feature=related

One of my most favorite people Hilary Weeks was there! She is an
LDS singer. I love her music and so does Simon. When Simon and I were dating, her music was always in the background. We like to think that she had a little hand in our courtship. I told her this and she hugged me. Hilary was nice enough to allow me to take a picture with her. Isn't she beautiful?


All in all it was a great trip, spent with a good friend! Thanks for staying up late with my Lisa! I definitely don't get ANY time away these days, so it was nice to have such a special trip. I came home inspired to be a better mother, wife and friend. It's amazing that that feeling is still present today!

4 comments:
So fun! Miss you!!
Wish I could have gone with you! I sure need to be spiritually fed!! :) And, of course, would have LOVED to see you both!
AHHH....it was SO wonderful, San! I'm so glad you enjoyed it as much as me! :> I, too, felt so uplifted and inspired--but staying up late chatting with you was probably my favorite thing about the whole weekend! You're so uplifting to be around! Thank you! Love ya!
Lisa
I just did my first TOFW-Phoenix a couple weekends ago. It was amazing! I, like you, really enjoyed just a little time to recharge, remember who I am and why what I do is so important and then head home to the sweet babes and hubby ready to do even better. How great to share it with good friends too:)
Post a Comment