Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Partners

Life is busy, REALLY busy these days! Simon is working really hard with his job and the girls and I have been busy with all things related to toddlerhood. With ward conferences in full swing and another month to go, Simon and I find ourselves tag-teaming. When we are home together, it's enough time to read to the girls, clean up and then head to bed. In spite of it all, I feel very grateful today that Simon is my partner on this journey! He is the best friend, husband, father that I prayed for and was mercifully granted. The past few months, I have realized just how blessed I am! We celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary in December. Where did the time go?It seems just like yesterday that we sat on a bench in front of Paulos in Virginia Highlands (our first date). There was a moment when we both looked at each other and knew that we would be
partners for eternity. A few months later we got married in the Atlanta temple. Now, with two kids and a move under our belt, life couldn't be better. Yes, toddlerhood can be challenging, especially with TWO of them and time together can be limited at times, but I can handle it because of Simon.
I love looking back at these pictures from our wedding day at the temple! I knew that I loved Simon that day, but I did not know just how much more I would love him as the years would go by. I love knowing that I can depend on him and that for our family, we are indeed partners in every way. We are in this together and I can not only see it but I feel it. A few more things I love about him:
-He loves it that as soon as he walks in from work, the girls jump on him. As soon as they hear the door open, they get SO excited to see him and run.
-He has my back! He will defend me to anyone and is very passionate about it.
-No matter how busy he is, when I NEED him, he is there immediately!
-He is a communicator.
-He does most of the cooking!
-Even if he is tired, he stops and listens to me. I can't tell you how much I love this! Yesterday, I had a bad morning. I called him to talk and despite being busy, he listened. And, then when he got home he sat down and listened to the full version and got angry with me about the situation.
-We have gotten into a groove. We know who does what and go with it. It's nice knowing that on Sundays, Simon packs the lunch bag for the family and loads the car, while I get the girls ready and fed. And, that he cleans up at night while I bathe and get the girls ready for bed. I love our groove!
Partners for eternity, working through life together. Can't think of a better way to experience life.

6 comments:

Christine said...

happy anniversary to y'all! you are such a sweet couple, and you can tell how wonderful functional y'all are by how awesome your girls are! good work! :) we miss y'all

Mimi said...

I love this! It only gets better with each year. Thank you for sharing such sweet tender feelings. :)

Simon said...

Wow. It's so amazingly wonderful to read your words and know how you feel. You give me too much credit, but I'm thankful for your support and encouragement. You are my inspiration to ever strive to be better. I love you more than ever and, like you, am grateful for God's kindness is leading me to you. Thank you, sweetheart, for writing these words. You are the best!

Pamela said...

I'm so happy that things are woking out so wonderfully for you four. I hoped it would! I can't believe that it's been six years and I haven't met y'all face to face. Any chance of a CA vacation this year? I'll make room, even if it means sending my mom to my sisters house for a week or two...maybe a month or two? hehe

Love you all,
Pamela

P.S. Happy Birthday Simon.

The Cannon Family said...

That was beautiful!

tessa said...

Awww. I love a good mushy anniversary post:) I lucked out with a cooking husband too (among other things of course.) Thanks for sharing your thoughts and great example