Sunday, June 07, 2009

Life in the Fast Lane

Life in the fast lane...That's what is feels like these days! The days/weeks go by SO fast and I wish that they would just slow down...We are having so much fun, visiting fun places together as a family and getting ready for baby #2. It seems just like yesterday that I was in the hospital having Sofi and to think that very shortly, we will have another baby! We are in full preparation mode. This weekend Simon and some friends were here finishing the basement (painting, putting up shelves, etc.) This will serve as our workout room, housing our treadmill and elliptical. Thanks for all the hard work guys!
We also took Sofi for pictures at the park. Here are a few of our favorites. We love candid shots! (Sofi has been doing this look lately, her shy look. Too Cute!)
This was also an emotional weekend for us. Sofi had her 12 month checkup and weighs 19 1/2 lbs. and is 29 1/2 inches tall. This puts her in the 25th percentile for weight and 50th percentile for height. She's our little petite girl! She is developing well, according to our pediatrician. I noticed after putting Sofi back in her car seat that the straps were getting too tight. They were already extended to the max, so I knew what this meant. It was time for the "big girl seat" as we call it. We installed it and let Sofi try it out. She was SO excited to have a different view of the world and was happy that she could see us! We immediately looked at her and started to cry, at the thought that our baby is growing up, way TOO fast! Here is her enjoying her seat.

Simon also got me a new car this weekend! We realized after putting together the double stroller that we couldn't fit it in my trunk (Honda Accord), so we went on the hunt for a great car with a lot of cargo space. We decided on the Suzuki XL7 . We love it because it has all leather interior, power everything, heated seats, a third row of seats, etc. We will definitely have this car for the long haul and love it! I will have to post some pics of the car and post this week.

Here is a video of Sofi enjoying one of her birthday gifts from Simon, a little cute toddler bike:


6 comments:

Fauna said...

San and Simon, y'all better watch out cause Sofia is SO beautiful! She will be breaking some hearts later on in life.

Nicole Bolinger said...

Sofi is precious, cute dress too! I love it when you can turn them around, it totally opens up a whole new world for them. ANd the new car sounds awesome!!! Congrats on itall!!

tessa said...

What a fun phase to be in:) Gotta have that double stroller. It means freedom to go and do. I love strollers! We bought our van specifically because it fit my triple stroller. Seems silly to some but important to me:) I'm so excited to see the next beautiful little Gray girl.

gapeach said...

WAY too cute!! They just grow up too fast--I agree!! At least you're enjoying every minute!! Good luck with all the up-coming excitement! :>

Love,
Lisa

Ashley said...

I love the dress she's wearing! Congrats on the workout room and the new car.

Tom and Jane Schell said...

How adorable is she!!! Wow! Can't wait to see the new addition too. I echo Tessa on the stoller. I am so glad she bought her van so we could take both a double and a triple stoller to the park. It definitely will get you back in shape fast!