After this, Sofia had 4 shots! To say that Simon and I were not prepared is an UNDERSTATEMENT! Sofie cried like never before and reached out to us. It was emotional for us and confirmed in our hearts how deeply protective we are of our little girl. I wanted to yell and scream for them to stop giving the shots! Sofie's never experienced pain before and I got a glimpse into how Heavenly Father feels when we, as his children, hurt. Sofie slept in her daddy's arms for the rest of the day and after some baby Tylenol was fine. I can't say the same for us as her parents! We will be better prepared next time, at her 4 month check-up!
Here is a picture of her bandages:


1 comment:
I remember those days and it was so so hard to watch my baby go thru that! I don't think it's ever gotten any easier though; I hate to see my kids go thru any kind of pain...wether it's physical or emotional. There are so many amazing feelings in being a parent... even though some aren't fun; they do teach us. I have gained a better understanding of how our Father in Heaven must feel when we are hurting and he can't take away the experience from us...
Post a Comment